Sunday, March 15, 2020

NATIONAL POETRY MONTH 2020 — A POEM A DAY AND (MAYBE) A READING

§


There is a Poetry Month reading scheduled for Wednesday, April 15 at 7PM at the Kootenay Gallery of Art, across from the airport in Castlegar. I'm reading along with my friends Jane Byers and Susan Andrews Grace. Hope things calm down enough for it to go ahead, and if not, hopefully it can be postponed to a later, safer date. But for now, it's on and you're invited. Hosted by the Federation of BC Writers with funding from the League of Canadian Poets. I'll keep you posted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIS IS ME, KEEPING YOU POSTED. I'M GOING TO GO OUT ON A LIMB HERE AND TELL YOU THIS READING IS EITHER POSTPONED OR CANCELLED. 

THE KOOTENAY GALLERY, WHERE WE WERE TO HOLD IT, IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. 

MEANWHILE, WE'RE PACKING. 
WE LEAVE MEXICO TOMORROW, MARCH 20th. 

STAY TUNED. BE WELL.
LINDA


And I know, I know, I haven't blogged since I wrote about Martin who would have been one fascinated font of information were he still with us where COVID-19 is concerned. Seems sensible to be concerned. It still feels a little surreal as we're coming to the end of nine weeks in Mexico where it's not really hit the fan yet. Or, it may have, we just don't know. Or. Or. Or. It's one of those pandemics with lots of uncertainties. All I know is, when we get back to Ootischenia next week we will be self-isolating for at least 15 days. And washing our hands a lot. And feeling very fortunate to have a large yard in which we can wander.

Back yard hail storm, end of June 2019 

While the whole world teeters on the twin brinks of deadly panic and batshit craziness, I thought I'd sign up for doing the poem-a-day National Poetry Writing month again. Didn't do it last year. April was the month we were winding down Mom's apartment after she went into the nursing home. Last year was not terribly fruitful, as far as my writing was concerned. But I'm finding my way back and daily prompts is one way to do it. So stay tuned, anyone out there. Who knows what will translate itself into a poem? 

Be safe, be well, and wash your hands!

§






No comments: