Monday, April 19, 2021

Quotidian Times

§


It's after 11PM and here I am, setting up my blog for today's yet unwritten poem. Today's prompt is to "write a humorous rant. In this poem, you may excoriate to your heart’s content all the things that get on your nerves. Perhaps it’s people who tailgate when driving, or don’t put the caps back on pens after they use them. Or the raccoons who get into your garbage cans." (Maybe I should write about idiots who wait until the last minute to do things and then do them half-assed.)  Given the time, I was going to revert to that form for today's effort. I just don't have a rant in me at the moment. But instead I'm throwing down the first part of one I started to write for another day this month and ended up writing something I liked better. I'm not entirely sure what this one's about—for the record, no bongs were actually involved. 

Today I visited Mom and brought her a literally hot off the press copy of a chapbook of some of my February haiku. She was quite taken with it.She got to see her grandson today, too, for the first time in over a year that wasn't through a window or over a fence. Needless to say, that really made her day.




Quotidian Times

 

 

    Ding     dong     

 

                    which witch is dead

 

            bring out your bongs

 

                                        and feed your head

 

                    replace the song

 

                            that sounds a dirge

 

        with manic dancing

 

                                                find a word


§



No comments: