Wednesday, April 07, 2021

Fibs, Fibs, Fibs

§


The Fib is a six-line form. But now, the syllable count is based off the Fibonacci sequence of 1/1/2/3/5/8. You can  link multiple Fibs together into a multi-stanza poem, or even start going backwards after your first six lines, with syllable counts of 8/5/3/2/1/1.
  


Okay, so when I read this prompt last night (on the west coast, or more accurately for me, in that time zone, we get the next day's prompt at around nine o'clock at night) the first thing that dropped into my mind was this:

Possibly the Original Fib

take
eat
this is
my body
that I gave to you
do this in remembrance of me

That Fibonacci form is everywhere, it seems, even in religious doctrine whether you follow one or not!


So today was a bit of a gong show for me and I wrote these on and off as the day wore on.

Fib 1

first 
world
problem
housekeeper
arrives, set to work
thought she was coming tomorrow 


Fib 2
on
hold
auto
insurance
renewal again
I sit on hold and wait and wait


Fib 3

could
avoid
waiting on
hold if only I'd
leave a number for a call back

Fib 4

Fib
is
perfect
format for 
writing when frazzled
as I will be until answered

Fib 5

all
done
car is
insured to 
drive another year
all praise those who work with wifi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's picture was taken down at Millennium Park. The statue was part of Castlegar's Art Walk a year or two ago. I quite like him. He almost perfectly reflects how I feel some days! 

§






5 comments:

Romana Iorga said...

Wonderful fibs!

Kristin said...

LoL. Your fibs made me smile this morning.
I wish a housekeeper would show up here. Otherwise the work is never going to get done. Hmm, I should write a fib from this.

Linda Crosfield said...

Thanks, Romana. Yesterday felt like I never quite caught up.

Linda Crosfield said...

Ha! My life as a big Fib!

Linda Crosfield said...

Ha! My life as a big Fib!