Tuesday, April 10, 2018

DAY 10: A BOOK SPINE POEM

§

Na/GloPoWriMo: "Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem of simultaneity – in which multiple things are happening at once."

Yeah, well I'm just home a few hours after wintering in Mexico and rounding that out with a few days in Vancouver that included some fabulous eating, visiting, and finally driving, for eight hours to get home. 




That part really wasn't that hard on me as Ted drove and I slept for a great deal of it. Apparently I slept well in the car when I was a baby. Still do. 

So yeah, unpacking, surfing right back into this northern life, big branch of apricot tree came down, oh, what a comfortable chair this is..."...a poem of simultaneity – in which multiple things are happening at once..." My life as a poem. My life is a poem. Anyhow, I'm too tired to think up much of one, so here's a book spine poem, courtesy of Rhonda Ganz, Kate Braid, Adeena Karasick, Jeff Pew and Jane Byers and thanks to Victoria BC's poet laureate, Yvonne Blomer, for posting hers on Facebook, thereby providing inspiration, something it's fair to say we all thrive on.  




§


No comments: