Wednesday, April 16, 2014

TEN WAYS OF LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW

§

From NaPoWriMo, today's prompt is as follows: "...the basic idea is to write a ten-line poem in which each line is a lie. Your lies could be silly, complicated, tricky, or obvious."



Ten Ways of Looking Out the Window


Baby, baby, I was not born this way, I was expelled from the earth's core like raison bread.


Time to renew your membership is to dance a solo polka down the mountain path.

Sloppy bog walks are best done in the highest of high heels.

Truth is no way to treat a tumbleweed.

I came, I saw, I conquered, I bled, and in each moment books were read.

Sagebrush country makes me long to trip about in bare feet and a helmut.

Oak leaves are best in a stew of words and wisdom, mashed or crumbled, matters not.

Find the way to the moon, slide back home on a milky river of wayness, too soon too late.

Greet the pigeons purposefully to ensure your fern digging goes well.

There are knives here, and ropes, and whirlpools waiting to take us all down.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And now on to the real fun of the day. Sorting out income tax paperwork. Yee-ha!


§

No comments: