Monday, June 05, 2006

WORKING ON A POEM MEANS NOT BLOGGING, RIGHT?

Well, that's what I'm doing. I want to submit this to Ascent Aspirations, and the deadline is June 10. I can do this! I think I'll go mail my entry fee today, just to make sure I don't decide to weasel out of it. It's a poem about Kootenay Lake and the surrounding mountains and the advance of pine beetles and it's even got a little dig in about people who rearrange shorelines to suit themselves (or who build on flood planes), but it's not THERE yet. The poem started out as a 3:15 Experiment poem, and I've been tweaking it on and off ever since I wrote it. Today I'm giving it a really stringent going-over. I think it's getting better. Stay tuned.

NB: turns out the deadline is JULY 10, so I'm still tweaking the poem.

And finally, I got this one finished (as much as a poem is ever finished) and mailed a full week ahead of the deadline!

No comments: