Saturday, April 10, 2021

Spam Love and Such

§


I'm departing from the prompt, not that I don't like it but it involves looking into a junk drawer (like I have only one!) and I know what that could lead to so I penned this whilst cleaning out my inbox and decided it can be today's offering. 

And here is a picture of what it was doing in these parts this morning. Now it's sunny and bright, but cold. However, the forecast for next week looks very hopeful! I'm seeing a couple of 21sC later in the week (that's nearly 70F for my American friends).



Spam Love And Such

this is the third time      I've written to you
says the woman      in my inbox
who's looking for love      or something    

sorry hun      but first      I'm not      and
second      I'm not a simple guy      and
third      I can't read Russian      and 

fourth      I don't want to meet you      and
fifth      even though you're very pretty      and
sixth      just no      honey      just no      and

somebody      posted a picture
of what Jesus really would have      looked like      and
I'd have done him      and

somewhere in a hospital ICU      someone who's dying
gets a water-filled rubber glove      to clasp their hand
     instead of the real thing

at least it's warm water
    although who knows how long      it'll stay that way      and
don't you just want to smack it

§
  

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I don't feel like I have a poem in me tonight.
But I must.

judydykstrabrown.com said...

Oh, so sad... at least two of your spam mails were...the other at least gave you a straight line (er picture) for your quip. Waiting for today's... bet it is in you dying to get out.

Linda Crosfield said...

Kristin, I have so many days like that. Sometimes I just resort to writing short.

Judy, when I read your comment I thought oh no, it's not, but then I opened up my blog to set it up for today's post and out spilled a poem! So you were right!