Monday, April 26, 2021

I SEE A FULL MOON RISING

§

NaPoWriMo 2021 Day 26:

"Today, I’d like to challenge you to write a parody. Besides being fun, writing parodies can be a great way to hone your poetic skills – particularly your sense of rhyme and sound, as you try to mimic the form of an existing poem while changing the content. Just find a poem – or a song – that has always annoyed you, and write an altered, silly version of it."

What?!!? A song that has always annoyed me? What have I done to deserve such a gift?

That's how I felt last night when I first saw the prompt. But the only songs I can think of that annoy me are so darned popular I just can't.

I Am Fed Up

I am fed up to the core
please don't play it any more
and I know that some will argue this ain't true 
but this song is such a bore
I can't take it anymore...

So instead, for today we're going to play "Can you guess the song?" and I don't care if you can or not!

And I couldn't decide which song by Cat Stevens annoys me the most so I fizzled there, too.

I think what this means is, it's time for April to be over!

Full moon tonight. Just a few wispy clouds near it, the sky is ever so clear. 




§


No comments: