Monday, April 30, 2018

DAY 30: TWO #BOOKSPINEPOEMS AND A DRUM SOLO

§

Day 30...where has the month gone? Once again, I'm amazed at some of the stuff I've managed to produce, and I have a whole new respect for #bookspinepoetry which, as it happens, is how I'm going to round out this month. 

I wrote a couple of poems I like and will work on (get ready, Roombas!) 

Roombas, you ask? That's what we call our little poetry group that meets about once a month. We even met via Skype when I was in Mexico. Why Roombas? Because one of us, might have been me, said they loved it when it was their turn to host as it meant the house got vacuumed (or at the very least, the room in which we meet)! 

As well as blogging daily this month, I also read a lot of really good poetry. I read Silvija, by Sandra Ridley. If There Were Roads, by Joanna Lilley. On Not Losing My Father's Ashes in the Flood, by Richard Harrison. Last night I started reading Adrienne Gruber's buoyancy control, and it's marvellous. 

Poetry titles are unsurpassed when it comes to finding #bookspinepoems. Here's what I got today, during a quick trip back home to Castlegar for an appointment. (I'm house- and pet-setting in Nelson for my son and his family while they're away for a couple of weeks). 

Drum Solo
(because why not?)

This one captures Poetry Month for me: 

An anthology #bookspinepoem thanks to editors Lynne Van Luven, Kate Braid and Sandy Shreve, David Fraser and friends, and Paul Nelson, George Stanley, Barry McKinnon and Nadine Maestas


And this one takes a hard look at the state of the world today, thanks to some politicians who think they're God and shall be nameless. 

You know who I'm talking about.

With the assistance of Lionel Kearns, bill bissett, Margaret Atwood, and George Bowering
It's a wrap! I'm going to commit to writing a little review of something every month for the rest of the year. Stay tuned!

And a heartfelt thank-you to everyone who commented on my poems this month. Whether on Facebook, Twitter, the NaPoWriMo site, or right here on my blog, I appreciated each and every one of you. You're what keeps poets going, and I think we can all agree that's a good thing!

§





2 comments:

Shannon Blood said...

Ohhh -- good ones! Number 2 especially!

Linda Crosfield said...

Thank you, Shannon. That one really rocked my boat, too.