Friday, April 27, 2018

DAY 27: POPPY GOES OFF-LEASH

§

Glo/NaPoWriMo's prompt today is to pick a tarot card and write a poem inspired by it. Well, I'm not going to do that because it's already nine o'clock and I'm tired. This dog-walking thing twice or more a day is exhausting! Today I found out how to access the off-leash area and Poppy is already passed out. She went swimming and sniffed everything she could sniff and ran like the wind. I didn't go swimming and sniffed nothing and didn't run, but nevertheless I'm pooped, so something short and sweet will have to do.

A word on yesterday's poem. I was somewhat hesitant to post it as the subject matter is, obviously, very sensitive, and I just want to thank all of you who read it and got where I was coming from. Thank you.






Poppy Goes Off-Leash

Sunset paints low-water sand copper
dog wades in, exults in unexpected swim
even the wind can't catch her

§