Sunday, July 30, 2017

AUGUST 12–13 COLUMBIA BASIN CULTURE TOUR— COME SEE US!

§

Ted and I are busy as proverbial beavers these days. We're part of the Columbia Basin Culture Tour that happens August 12 and 13 (Saturday and Sunday) from 10 till 5. It's an annual event where artists of all kinds open their studios so the public can see what we do. Of course, you're invited!



Ted's out in his shop a lot these days, oiling things when he's not actually turning. You can see what he's getting up to here.



He's even polished up his welcoming reflecting leg at the end of the driveway!



Given we're experiencing extremely high temperatures these days, 37-38C, you could almost say I've got it made in the shade as I get to hang out and sew books in the basement where it's degrees cooler! (38C = 100F for anyone needing the conversion.)  Here's the link to my contribution to all this.

Some of the books on that will be on display 
I'm binging on The Handmaid's Tale as I work. Talk about terrifying, given the state of the world these days. I see there's going to be a second season. This is not the time to wish for life to imitate art. 

Coptic binding in progress. Eighteen needles going at once. My Home Ec teachers would never believe it!


Meanwhile, no interface fires here so far. Lots of activity in and out of the airport (we live right on the flight path). Everyone's fingers are crossed and there's a good deal or praying we're spared. 

Heading out to a fire
See you on a beach sometime, maybe!



§

No comments: