Thursday, April 14, 2016

DAY 14 NATIONAL POETRY MONTH NAPOWRIMO

§

I have 20 minutes to do this san san thing. Get this, from NaPoWriMo:  "TJ Kearney invites us to try an eight-line poem called a san san, which means “three three” in Chinese (It’s also a term of art in the game Go). The san san has some things in common with the tritina, including repetition and rhyme. In particular, the san san repeats, three times, each of three terms or images. The eight lines rhyme in the pattern a-b-c-a-b-d-c-d."

Surf crashes, today the wind is strong,
umbrella by the table creaks and sways.
My spidey sense kicks in, I gather up my things.

Surf crashes, did I take too long
considering creaks and sways, and anyways
I'd just as soon stay put and watch the boat

but the wind is strong, the engine shrieks and sings,
boat heads out, clears the breakers, somehow stays afloat. 

§



2 comments:

Judy DB said...

You did this in 20 minutes? It took me forever to do! Good work. Looking for your today's post..Did you shirk the assignment, Linda????

Linda Crosfield said...

Sometimes the more complicated prompts fare better when I just don't think about them too much. Besides, I was out late! And no, I didn't shirk! This link just goes directly to the one post. If you just go to Purple Mountain Poetry (purplemountainpoems.blogspot.com) you get all of them.