Thursday, January 28, 2010

POEMS HERE, POEMS THERE

§

Just had a poem published in the Winter '09 issue of Labor: Studies in Working-Class History of the Americas out of Duke University in Durham, NC. They publish one poem per issue, under the heading "The Common Verse". I have come to realize that's what I do best. I'm looking forward to getting my contributor's copy. The subject matter is a little different from other magazines I've been in.



And if work-related poetry isn't your thing, I've got a poem in the anthology Rogue Stimulus: The Stephen Harper Holiday Anthology for a Prorogued Parliament edited by Stephen Brockwell, Stuart Ross and Denis De Klerck and published by Mansfield Press. It's slated to be out just as parliament reconvenes at the beginning of March. "Contrary to what the Harper government would have Canadians believe about the “chattering classes”, said the call for submissions, "people are expressing their outrage over Harper’s unilateralism at family dinners, in the workplace, in social media and in print."



§

No comments: